Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Words and Things

My collection of terms for potential next generation designed objects made it onto Boing Boing via Bruce Sterling's Viridian Design post. Most are found, some borrowed and some have been invented.

Here's what Cory Doctorow had to say:

"Here's a list of words that various people have used to describe blogjects -- objects that produce a vapor-trail of Internet data, objects that exist as 3D data and are produced to order, objects that are made and remade. As a vocabulary lesson it's pretty hypnotic."

I really must get around to doing some pruning and organising of them. They are over there >>> in the Designed Objects Wiki

Also, picked up at datacloud

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Portfolio

John Marshall Portfolio

My Linkedin Profile

View John Marshall's profile on LinkedIn

rootoftwo's shared items

About

I am exploring a hybrid form of art and design practice through the use of computer-based design and fabrication tools. I am interested in experimental objects and spaces that are dynamic and responsive and seek to challenge perceptions, expectations and established behavior.

Creative Commons

My del.icio.us

Site Meter