Thursday, March 22, 2007

UM3D Lab





I am in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA as a Roman J. Witt Visiting Artist. I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have spent quite a bit of time at the excellent UM3D Lab. This is an interdisciplinary service facility provides the university community with access to 3D computer modeling, 3D visualisation, and rapid prototyping of physical models. The Lab's resources and consulting services are available to students, faculty, and staff from all schools and colleges for exploration, education, and research. I think this is an excellent model of how to provide access to these technologies across disciplines within the University.

I was also very impressed with the Grant Opportunities [Collaborative Spaces] programme that awards grants to research projects driven by students using new tools to enhance collaborative learning. The projects must be interdisciplinary and must engage rich media and/or locative technologies.

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Portfolio

John Marshall Portfolio

My Linkedin Profile

View John Marshall's profile on LinkedIn

rootoftwo's shared items

About

I am exploring a hybrid form of art and design practice through the use of computer-based design and fabrication tools. I am interested in experimental objects and spaces that are dynamic and responsive and seek to challenge perceptions, expectations and established behavior.

Creative Commons

My del.icio.us

Site Meter