Friday, September 12, 2008

s.h.e. (exhibition)

One of the highlights for me at the Chain Reaction Festival in Skopje has been Natasa Teofilovic's (from Belgrade) "s.h.e." - an installation of a sequence of monitors showing animations of a humanoid character developed from the artist's own body and using HDRI lighting captured in her home. Seeing the character pass through the monitors in sequence is hypnotic. The fact that they don't have eyes and sometimes approximate them by passing their fingers through the back of their skulls is one of the freakiest things I've seen in a long time.

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Portfolio

John Marshall Portfolio

My Linkedin Profile

View John Marshall's profile on LinkedIn

rootoftwo's shared items

About

I am exploring a hybrid form of art and design practice through the use of computer-based design and fabrication tools. I am interested in experimental objects and spaces that are dynamic and responsive and seek to challenge perceptions, expectations and established behavior.

Creative Commons

My del.icio.us

Site Meter