Friday, February 27, 2009

Reading Material (books)

I've recently purchased a couple of books that I've been meaning to get for a while (too busy teaching/making stuff).



First up is the catalog from MoMA's Design and the Elastic Mind that features What's Cooking Grandma - the Human Beans project that we commissioned in 2006 for Perimeters, Boundaries and Borders. It is excellent. However, I was a little disappointed not to see Geoffrey Mann's piece Attracted to Light that was part of the MoMA exhibition (his Flight - Take Off was shown in PBB). I guess MoMA made up for this omission by acquiring the work (I'm quite proud of this, since I helped Geoff to make the Rhino file watertight).

No such oversight on the part of Troika. Their Digital by Design book is sumptious. (Also nice to see PBB mentioned in the section on Simon Blackmore).



This book is beautifully designed and well worth the investment. I'm now looking forward to the publication of the book from the inter_multi_trans_actions symposium (most of whom are included in Digital by Design). Julian Bleecker and I contributed a chapter to it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Portfolio

John Marshall Portfolio

My Linkedin Profile

View John Marshall's profile on LinkedIn

rootoftwo's shared items

About

I am exploring a hybrid form of art and design practice through the use of computer-based design and fabrication tools. I am interested in experimental objects and spaces that are dynamic and responsive and seek to challenge perceptions, expectations and established behavior.

Creative Commons

My del.icio.us

Site Meter