Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New position and location


I have accepted a tenure-track instructional appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor at the School of Art & Design at the University of Michigan. I start in January, 2008.

The undergraduate and graduate programs in the School of Art & Design at the University of Michigan each offer a single major at the intersection of art and design. Free of traditional concentrations, these programs challenge students to define their own pathways and undertake robust, self-defined culminating projects in their final year.

I will be teaching undergraduate studio courses utilizing analytical and strategic methodologies of generating, developing and completing complex projects in a variety of contexts; advising graduate students; and periodically teaching a graduate seminar.

The School of Art and Design enrolls 500 undergraduate and 30 graduate students. Forty full-time faculty, a small cohort of part-time faculty, and 35 administrative and technical staff support the School's programs. Additional information about the School and its programs is available at http://www.art-design.umich.edu/

Now I just have to wrap up the PhD...

No comments:

Blog Archive

My Portfolio

John Marshall Portfolio

My Linkedin Profile

View John Marshall's profile on LinkedIn

rootoftwo's shared items

About

I am exploring a hybrid form of art and design practice through the use of computer-based design and fabrication tools. I am interested in experimental objects and spaces that are dynamic and responsive and seek to challenge perceptions, expectations and established behavior.

Creative Commons

My del.icio.us

Site Meter